• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help recovering a Illustrator CS6 File

Explorer ,
Jan 13, 2013 Jan 13, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I tried to open a big project I been working for many days, I get this error message: Screen Shot 2013-01-13 at 5.03.35 PM.png

I Need help urgently to fix this issue, since I cannot see most of my layers on the file after it opens.

I am using Adobe Illustrator CS6, on a macbook Pro device.

Any help will be appretiated..

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone knows the answer?? : S

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

http://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/kb/troubleshoot-damaged-illustrator-files.html

Did you keep this file on a server and did you open it directly from there?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

S,

You may try to plunge into the code of the file to recover what is hidden in it.

This instruction by daxxter is quite good (you may also look at the posts there):

http://daxxter.wordpress.com/2009/04/16/how-to-recover-a-corrupted-illustrator-ai-file/

Apart from that, you should never end a single day of work without saving it in a way that is independent of the fate of what is on your computer/server/cloud/whatever you rely on for current work. It is also advisable to save versions of long ongoing work under new names from time to time to have something to fall back upon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 14, 2013 Jan 14, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Monika, I will test CS6 Advice and will get back to you if it worked or didnt..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good Advice..!! actually I never save different versions.. How often do you do it? in different hours? and under what name would you recommend to save it as? Thank you for sharing some tips.

The Link you have given me is from 2009! so for CS6 its not compatible.. actually I don't think so.. I tried already before and it didn't work, thanxs anyway..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

S,

For different versions, you may use File>Save a Copy (Ctrl+Alt+S/Cmd+Option+S) and give the copy a suitable name, maybe the date, then just work on.

You can save such a copy to the harddisk at any time, before you make serious changes.

How to save out depends on sizes and number of files, and which dangers you wish to avert. You can use an external harddisk, or a DVD. In either case, you can keep copies of everything, making incremental saves to just replace files/folders with changes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if you have saved it with PDF flag on you should be able to place the ai file into a new illustrator document and then save it. you will find effects and all expanded but this has helped me get back the content and visual appearance back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 16, 2013 Jan 16, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! What do you mean by saving it with

¨PDF Flag¨?

I have saved it as .ai format.

I tried making a new document and placing the ai. file but it doesnt work.

I wish I knew what issue made the file corrupt, but I have no idea.. I guess the only way to prevent it is to have various copies when saved..

Right now, I cant find any solution.. grrrr

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 16, 2013 Jan 16, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When a document is saved with "PDF compatibility", it actually is two files in one. But you cannot save it as such when the file is already damaged.

Did you save directly to a remote volume or USB stick or such?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 22, 2013 Jan 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Actually... I only had one copy saved in my computer...

The problem I have is I work often with big files.. and I have to keep them as accessible as possible since I need to open old and new files pretty often.

I still havent found a solution for this... luckily I had some of the files saved on Photoshop.. so it wasnt the end of the world, but still I lost a good percentage of things. I just cant understand why or how come there is no fixing, I have no explanations... I tried everything! now I am scared it will happen again.

I appretiate your time... and please if you or anyone else knows something you would like to share from experience I am here..

Best Regards,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines