Highlighted

HELP...Recovery file .tmp can not be opened

New Here ,
Sep 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was working on a project and all of a sudden Illustrator crashed. It didn't want to reopen so I turned my computer off and when I turned it back on, my illustrator file had lost the work I had done.

It created a recovery file .tmp however can not be it, how can I fix this problem???

(I get the message *operation can not be completed because and an unknown area has occurred)  

Topics

Draw and design, How to, Import and export, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

HELP...Recovery file .tmp can not be opened

New Here ,
Sep 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was working on a project and all of a sudden Illustrator crashed. It didn't want to reopen so I turned my computer off and when I turned it back on, my illustrator file had lost the work I had done.

It created a recovery file .tmp however can not be it, how can I fix this problem???

(I get the message *operation can not be completed because and an unknown area has occurred)  

Topics

Draw and design, How to, Import and export, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The recovery feature only saves in the scheme you set up. If you set it up to only save every 30 minutes, then all you do in-between saves might be lost.

On top of that the recovery itself might fail. It's no guarantee, it's only on top of the basic backup routines that you must always do. If Illustrator cannot read the recovery file, then that's that.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines