• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help! The trace Button in Illustrator is greyed out!

New Here ,
Jun 06, 2020 Jun 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I was working through some online tutorials and went through the trace image tools. 
I was able to trace the image provided after having adjusted some of the advanced graphics but then I decided to try on my own image (jpeg) and the trace button is now greyed out? I followed the same process as with the tutorial image. Then I tried to place the tutorial image again to see if perhaps it was an issue with my image but it now won't work on the tutorial image either! 
I uninstalled illustrator and reinstalled.

HELP!

TOPICS
Draw and design , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,
Jun 07, 2020 Jun 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without any system info and other critical stuff like the exact trace settings, specs of the image files, document settings and so on nobody can tell you much. also of course start by checking the links palette and the swatches. Remnants of previous such operations tend to get in the way sometimes.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 07, 2020 Jun 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Did you import the JPEG using File > Place?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines