• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

HELP! Trim marks too large.

New Here ,
Sep 30, 2020 Sep 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not sure what I'm doing wrong with this doc but when I export it with the trim marks they are just enormous. I have another doc that I export with trim marks and that one is fine so it must be some settings but just can't figure out where. 

Help, help please.

TOPICS
Print and publish

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Probably the artwork is just really small. Unfortunately you cut off any information about the zoom level.

And please embed screenshots in your posts instead of attaching them. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot 2020-09-30 at 14.13.00.pngScreenshot 2020-09-30 at 14.13.25.pngScreenshot 2020-09-30 at 14.14.06.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, thank you for your reply, I initially tough too that the artwork might be too small but I saved the other pdf with normal size trim marks and it's just a few inches smaller than this document so that can't be it. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot 2020-09-30 at 14.22.15.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Weird. Thank you for the screenshots.

Does it help when you reboot the computer and export again?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope, tried that. The other document can be exported fine and has smaller trim marks, it must be something with the way the doc is set up. I have crossed reference the trim mark settings with the other doc and did them all the same, same bleed size and same trim mark size and still does the same large trim marks when it's saved. Here s an example with the other document that I can export it just fine. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot 2020-09-30 at 14.40.27.pngScreenshot 2020-09-30 at 14.41.26.pngScreenshot 2020-09-30 at 14.42.05.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not aware of a way to change the size of trim marks.

But one thing comes to mind. Is one of your documents a large document by any chance?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, the document that i'm having problems with is 8.5x11 and the one that worked fine is  7 x9 " not a great difference though 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Those are just the artboard sizes.

But there are large documents as well.

https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/using/large-sized-artwork.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, never heard about that before, how do I change that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

When you create a document, you have to enter a large size and then you get a large document. But later on you cannot change the canvas size.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines