• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help turning off visual stroke on all objects and text

New Here ,
Mar 09, 2021 Mar 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I am having an issue with all new objects that I create in illustrator have a black stroke on them even without having stroke selected. This includes objects created with the pen tool, shape tool, and text.  I have opened old files and none of the objects have the black stroke. However, if I create a new shape in the document, it will have a stroke. I'm kind of going bananas with this, so I'm hoping someone can help.

I am attaching a screenshot to show how it looks.

I'm using Illustrator 25.2.1

Screen Shot 2021-03-09 at 12.28.10 PM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 09, 2021 Mar 09, 2021

There may be an appearance attribute applied at the layer level (probably an additional stroke).

You may check that in the Layers palette and in the Appearance palette.

Target the layer in question (click on the target circle to the right of the layer name in the Layers palette), go to the Appearance palette and see what you see there.

Delete the stroke appearance, if there is one.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Mar 09, 2021 Mar 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There may be an appearance attribute applied at the layer level (probably an additional stroke).

You may check that in the Layers palette and in the Appearance palette.

Target the layer in question (click on the target circle to the right of the layer name in the Layers palette), go to the Appearance palette and see what you see there.

Delete the stroke appearance, if there is one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines