• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help with Color Group issue in Illustrator

Explorer ,
Aug 07, 2020 Aug 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created a color group in Illustrator. I have colors in it that I do not want. Please see attached Screen Shot. I want to retain the very bottom Color Group.

I have tried to delete the colors, and I have tried to delete the Color Group itself. I cannot seem to do this! I went into the Illustrator Application to Presets / Swatches and my Color Group is not in there so I can throw it away. I don't want to edit the colors in the Swatches Pallet, I want to edit the Group itself. There is a pencil icon with a slash through it where the Trash Icon should be.

HELP!!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Aug 07, 2020 Aug 07, 2020

You're the best, Doug...Thank you!! I would never have found that.

On my iMac...Finder > Go (holding down the option key to make hidden Library folder visible) > Library > Adobe > Adobe Illustrator 24 (for some reason, Illustrator 20 is not in the list) > Swatches

Voila! There it was! Your PC thread gave me the clues to find it on my Mac. I opened the Illustrator file and edited the Swatches Pallet. It is all fixed...I feel so much better.

Sheryl

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To edit a swatch library, you need to open the AI file that contains it directly (as opposed to opening it from the swatches panel). Edit the contents of its swatches panel, then re-save it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Doug,

That makes total sense...I was going to try your suggestion, but I can't find the original. I have tried a Search and it comes up with a zero. The way I access them in Illustrator is Window > Swatch Libraries > User Defined. It is always in the list, and I can open it, so the original file must exist, but I can't find it. I also tried some other ones as well. They will open up in Illustrator, but I can't find the original .ai file in order to edit it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

User Defined points to the AppData folder (on Windows), which is hidden by default. This is the full path:

C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Illustrator 24 Settings\en_GB\x64\Swatches

(en_GB depends on your version's location/language)

I don't have my Mac with me to check the path there, but it might be a similar circumstance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're the best, Doug...Thank you!! I would never have found that.

On my iMac...Finder > Go (holding down the option key to make hidden Library folder visible) > Library > Adobe > Adobe Illustrator 24 (for some reason, Illustrator 20 is not in the list) > Swatches

Voila! There it was! Your PC thread gave me the clues to find it on my Mac. I opened the Illustrator file and edited the Swatches Pallet. It is all fixed...I feel so much better.

Sheryl

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No worries. Thanks for posting the path for Mac, it might help some future reader.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks! I hope it does help someone...not an easy thing to find.

Have a good weekend...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines