• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help with Corrupted File--Power went out while working in the .AI Document

New Here ,
Dec 03, 2020 Dec 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I've had something new that I haven't experienced happen to me today--I was working on some final mockups in an Illustrator file when the power in my apartment went out for 3-5 seconds and then came back on. My PC obviously shutdown when this happened while in the middle of the document. I know I had hit save a few minutes before this occurred, but I'm starting to panic because I've never had Illustrator do what it's doing--the power has done this to me once or twice but I've always had an extra autosave file that generates when I reboot. 

When I opened Illustrator after rebooting, I saw the thumbnail for my .AI document but there was no additional "recovered" version when the application crashes.

When trying to open the document this is what I get: 

onlyrecoveredsome.png

Next, I click "Open," and this is the next window that pops up:

dictobject.png

There is no other dialog box that opens after hitting "Ok." So this is where I'm currently stuck at.

App: Adobe Illustrator v. 25.0

System OS: Windows 10 Home v. 10.0.19041 Build 19041

If anyone has any suggestions on how to fix the file, I'd be grateful for the help. I'm currently in the capstone of my Design course and my final campaign presentation is next week so I'm pretty frustrated and worried about this!

Thanks for your time!

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 03, 2020 Dec 03, 2020

With bad luck, the power outage came too early and Illustrator was still saving the file. In that case there is not a lot you can do. You can try and contact sharewithai@adobe.com 

Point them to this thread, upload your file to some Cloud Service and send them a link. Maybe they can recover it.

Please: make a backup strategy. Save multiple versions of files, so that you don't lose everything.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Dec 03, 2020 Dec 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

With bad luck, the power outage came too early and Illustrator was still saving the file. In that case there is not a lot you can do. You can try and contact sharewithai@adobe.com 

Point them to this thread, upload your file to some Cloud Service and send them a link. Maybe they can recover it.

Please: make a backup strategy. Save multiple versions of files, so that you don't lose everything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines