Highlighted

Help with envelope distort

Community Beginner ,
Sep 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm trying to create an envelope distort with top object, despite my top object being a single path, I'm being given the message - This path requires a selection of multiple objects. The top object must be a single path or mesh, or a symbol containing a single path or mesh. Does anyone have ant ideas to get around this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Help with envelope distort

Community Beginner ,
Sep 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm trying to create an envelope distort with top object, despite my top object being a single path, I'm being given the message - This path requires a selection of multiple objects. The top object must be a single path or mesh, or a symbol containing a single path or mesh. Does anyone have ant ideas to get around this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What's your 'bottom' object? Do you have both 'top' and 'bottom' objects selected?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Top layer is a single pathed shaped, bottom object is various objects, but these are grouped together. Both top and bottom are selected.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can we see a screenshot of these, selected and with the layers panel open?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately I cannot show a screenshot. I have however put everything onto the same layer. I've tried with in a different document with an open path on top and a single shape below, this time I'm given the error - the operation cannot complete because of an unknown error illustrator [3]

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you at least show a screenshot of the layers panel with the list of objects?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The top object must be a closed path. Is it so?
If content is sensitive, could you please to try the operation with abstract content (e.g. a random shape on top and a random group below) and make a screenshot with it and with expanded Layer panel?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i m facing this same issue

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please show a screenshot of your selected objects. And please show the layers panel with those objects visible in it.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

finally got solution i am also having same issue but fixed text layer bottom of a object layer 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines