• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help with linked files

New Here ,
Mar 19, 2021 Mar 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I am new to illustrator and seem to be having an issue. I have received a bunch of ai. files from a designer and each file has two side-by-side patterns. On most files, I can only view one side. I get a pop-up that warns me there are missing links, I have tried to see if there are any locked or hidden layers but there aren't. I can't possibly need every single image needed to open this?  Is there a way to proceed?

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 19, 2021 Mar 19, 2021

If linked files are missing, the only way to solve it is to ask the designer for the missing files.

Ask him to use the File > Package option to create a folder with the file and the links or ask him to embed the linked files and resend the Illustrator file.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If linked files are missing, the only way to solve it is to ask the designer for the missing files.

Ask him to use the File > Package option to create a folder with the file and the links or ask him to embed the linked files and resend the Illustrator file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may contact the creator of the files and ask him for embedding any linked file in the Illustrator file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Best practicesto work with linked files in Illustrator is to package it.

File: Package. 

The pacakge will include the linked files as well as the fonts except Cloud Font (Adobe Fonts and CJK fonys)

It will tell you when you package.

Package in Illustrator do not produce a PDF . 

So you might as well save the file as PDf and you will have all the files under one Roof!!!

Chana

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines