• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help with perspective grid units / snapping?

Explorer ,
Sep 11, 2020 Sep 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having a few teething troubles with perspective grid.

1. How do I make the grid for each axis line up where they meet, it seems to me that the grid lines should originate from the middle where they meet so you can make rectangles that line up and are in units of whole grid squares. In stead I have this (ist image) which means I can't get consistent rectangle sizes.

(EDIT, As usual as soon as post I've figured out the solution to this, hold shift moving grids so ignore the first 2 points, sorry, Craig)

2. I have tried starting at the first whole grid unit after where the grids intersect and this is fine for the first grid, but then when I move to the another grid to draw another face of the object, it won't snap to the objects on the other plane (3rd  image)

3. If  I make a shape on one axis out of more than one rectangle and unite it, it cannot be moved with the perspective selection tool without distorting and going out of perspetive. (2nd  image)

Any pointers would be greatly appreciated, 

Thanks,

Craig

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 11, 2020 Sep 11, 2020

As for #3:

You can select the plane and then use Object > Perspective > Attach to active plane after using the pathfinder.

Also: I would report this to http://illustrator.uservoice.com and maybe it can be fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As for #3:

You can select the plane and then use Object > Perspective > Attach to active plane after using the pathfinder.

Also: I would report this to http://illustrator.uservoice.com and maybe it can be fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ah.. got it, thankyou

EDIT: I have posted to the feedback section. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines