Highlighted

Help with stroke

Community Beginner ,
Aug 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After drawing an illustration on an artboard and then copy and paste infront to a different document to add to a another project.. I have noticed that when I downsize the image the stroke size in the illustration looks too thick ??? so I downsize the stoke to 25 if it was at a 1 

I dont know why this happens can you help?? and explain why?

Thank you

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by michelew83603738 | Adobe Community Professional

Under you Preferences>General - set your scale stroke and effects to on and they will not get thicker when you resize.

TOPICS
Draw and design

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Help with stroke

Community Beginner ,
Aug 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After drawing an illustration on an artboard and then copy and paste infront to a different document to add to a another project.. I have noticed that when I downsize the image the stroke size in the illustration looks too thick ??? so I downsize the stoke to 25 if it was at a 1 

I dont know why this happens can you help?? and explain why?

Thank you

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by michelew83603738 | Adobe Community Professional

Under you Preferences>General - set your scale stroke and effects to on and they will not get thicker when you resize.

TOPICS
Draw and design

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 16, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 16, 2020 1
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. In addition to earlier suggestion, I'd request checking out this community discussion and see if the steps provided help you out.

Let us know how it goes. Looking forward to your response.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 28, 2020 1
Aug 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

since it is a vector base program you can decide ahead of time and turn on the check mark for sacle stroke and effect in the preference file. or yuo can do it in the Transform panel or ny of the transformation tools.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 28, 2020 0
Aug 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Editing preferences is a good suggestion. If this is a static element that may be scaled and duplicated multiple times you may consider converting it to a "Static Symbol". Then, when scaled, all line will scale proportionally regardless of the current "Stroke Weight" preference setting.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 29, 2020 0