• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help with text effect!

Community Beginner ,
Nov 25, 2020 Nov 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could anyone point me in the direction for figuring out how to create the text effect in the attached image? I'm actually just looking ot replicate the look of those horizontal lines/accents within the letters (circled in red in the screenshot).

I can handle all other effects in that example - but those lines are stumping me!

Headster-Font.jpg

TOPICS
Draw and design , Tools , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A pattern fill below a white stroke?

Build in the Appearance panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Illustrator comes with some line patterns and one of those might work for you. In the Swatches panel menu (upper right corner of the panel), choose Open Swatch Library > Patterns > Basic Graphics > Basic Graphics_Lines.

As Ton suggested, use the Appearance panel. In the Appearance panel you can add multiple fills and strokes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 26, 2020 Nov 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In case it helps to have something to look at, this is a visual of (approximately) what Ton and Barbara are talking about. There are other ways to get where you want to go, but this one is pretty straightforward.

tromboniator_0-1606389356205.png

Peter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines