Highlighted

Help woth export to certain px

New Here ,
Oct 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, hoping someone can help! I have created an image and want to enter a competition on line, but im still working illustrator out, the rules state:

• Maximum image capacity: under 20MB
  • Minimum vertical and horizontal size: more than 700px
  • Extension: jpg, png, tiff

What way should I save my image? Im not sure how to ensure the minimum and horizontal size is more than 700px, i tried save for Web and the lines look grainy but with the normal save as JPEG im not sure where i put these dimensions in! Its for an app eventually (if it makes it in the competition) but it just asks for plain surface artwork of any kind and i have drawn an illustration with a photograph clipping mask fill, it seems to scale fine just not sure how to follow what the competition is so asking for, help is so appreciated, Thanks guys!

TOPICS
Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Help woth export to certain px

New Here ,
Oct 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, hoping someone can help! I have created an image and want to enter a competition on line, but im still working illustrator out, the rules state:

• Maximum image capacity: under 20MB
  • Minimum vertical and horizontal size: more than 700px
  • Extension: jpg, png, tiff

What way should I save my image? Im not sure how to ensure the minimum and horizontal size is more than 700px, i tried save for Web and the lines look grainy but with the normal save as JPEG im not sure where i put these dimensions in! Its for an app eventually (if it makes it in the competition) but it just asks for plain surface artwork of any kind and i have drawn an illustration with a photograph clipping mask fill, it seems to scale fine just not sure how to follow what the competition is so asking for, help is so appreciated, Thanks guys!

TOPICS
Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 13, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To make sure that it's at least 700 px, you could start by making your artboard larger than 700 px x 700 px. To create a JPG or PNG, you would go to File > Export and choose one of the options. Save for Web (Legacy)... will open a dialog where you can set it to be a PNG or JPG and set the options for it. It'll show you in the lower left, the estimated file size so that you can make sure it's under 20MB. If your image looks grainy, you might want to make sure that it's a high enough resolution (don't scale the image up).

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 13, 2020 0
Resources