Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

HELP!!!

New Here ,
Sep 23, 2020 Sep 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I need help with removing the black section of my logo here (the black colour is just a small version of the white shape to make that effect) . Two different backgrounds on the below image should give an idea of the problem, when i put my logo on a colour background you can see the black!! I have tried selecting the balck inner shape and pressing ' minus front ' it tells me ' please select two crossing paths ' other path tools do not fix this issue. If anyone could help or maybe take a look at the file to fix it i would be more than grateful.

logo help.jpg

TOPICS
Draw and design , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Sep 24, 2020 Sep 24, 2020

Did you select only the logo (without the background) and choose Outline Stroke:?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Sep 24, 2020 Sep 24, 2020

Lennox,

Presuming you have created white stroked paths with narrower black stroked paths on top of them, the two step way suggested by Ton ought to work just fine; but only if you have started with the first step. Have you?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Sep 23, 2020 Sep 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are they stroked objects?

Maybe Object > Stroke > Outline Stroke and after that PathFinder panel > Minus Front?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 24, 2020 Sep 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply!

I created this logo with lines and the elipse tool. I have tried using the minus front tool but this shrinks the object itself. I am quite the beginner here, but i have watched a serious amount how to's and can't find the work around 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you select only the logo (without the background) and choose Outline Stroke:?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Lennox,

Presuming you have created white stroked paths with narrower black stroked paths on top of them, the two step way suggested by Ton ought to work just fine; but only if you have started with the first step. Have you?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines