• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help!

New Here ,
Feb 16, 2021 Feb 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, sorry if this question sounds a bit stupid but I'm very new to illustrator. I have this project and I want for the insides of the icons where it is orange, to be transparent so when i print, the inside of the icons have the same color as the paper. When i try, it cuts the black outline into the orange background and eveything turns into black, except for the initial black trace of the icons, which turn transparent. Basically im trying to cut through the orange background using the insides of the icons, not the black trace.I hope the pictures make it easier to understand. 

Captura de Pantalla 2021-02-16 a la(s) 11.30.01 a. m..pngCaptura de Pantalla 2021-02-16 a la(s) 11.32.48 a. m..png

TOPICS
Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What are you trying that yields this result? 

Have you tried selecting the whole orange background with the direct select tool, and deleting it? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey thank you for replying. I figured it out. Originally, the icons were an image, so I turned them into vector with image trace, but i erased the original white background they had. This time i didnt, so i chose the white background with the orange background and then used pathfinder.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines