• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help!

New Here ,
Nov 17, 2020 Nov 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am completely unable to edit anything on Illustrator. Already tried closing and opening the document again, restarting the Ai, but nothing seems to help! People said that sometimes the art is "locked" in the artboard, but the shortcuts on my Mac are not helping at all. What can I do?

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Nov 27, 2020 Nov 27, 2020

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about this. Looks like the file got corrupt/ damaged. There are multiple factors that can lead to file corruption, however, we can take a look and see if the file can be repaired. Please email your file to file@adobe.com & we will take a look at the file.

I must also inform you that file recovery can't be guaranteed with a 100% success. We'll surely try our best.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please provide some screenshots with the layers panel open and expanded. Also a screenshot in outline mode. Without some visuals, we are just flying blind. Please use the insert icon on the message pane so that helpers don't have to download the images to see them. 

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did anything change from the last time you were able to work in Illustrator? Did you upgrade anything? Is it just this particular file or all files?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 23, 2020 Nov 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I ended up just redoing the whole thing, since it had saved a second file with almost everything that I'd lost. It was just this particular file and no, I didn't upgrade anything...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 27, 2020 Nov 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about this. Looks like the file got corrupt/ damaged. There are multiple factors that can lead to file corruption, however, we can take a look and see if the file can be repaired. Please email your file to file@adobe.com & we will take a look at the file.

I must also inform you that file recovery can't be guaranteed with a 100% success. We'll surely try our best.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines