• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Hex Color Code from Illustrator looks different when used on website

New Here ,
Jul 06, 2020 Jul 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to match a color I use in Illustrator to show the same when I enter the Hex Color Code on my website.  So, I have Hex Color Code for the color in question, but when I use the exact same Hex Color Code on my website, it comes up as a slightly different shade.

Any ideas on how to get a color that I have in Adobe Illustrator to be properly depicted on my website via the Hex Color Code?

Thanks

TOPICS
Print and publish

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jul 07, 2020 Jul 07, 2020

You probably can't avoid sitting down and fixing this by actually instating CM or in reverse, completely turning it off. Start by checking your monitor settings. If there is any factory profile assigend, simply unassign it and see if it makes a difference. If you have created a custom profile, the opposite would be required - you need to also use it for the proof preview in AI to get consistent results.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which document color mode is the Illustrator file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks for the reply,  RGB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How is color management set up?

Do you use the sRGB color profile?

Do you use Soft proof?

Can you show a screenshot?

Do you have a tool to measure color on screen? On the Mac e.g. Digital color meter.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll. do my best to answer your questions.

On my color Settings window, I have: Settings:  North America General Purpose 2, RGB: sRGB IEC61966-2.1.

I don't use Soft proof or know what it is.

Let me know what you want a screen shot and I'll provide.

For specific's, I have a color that I am using in Illustrator.  Using color picker, I get a Hex of #ff6e00, and R255 G110 B0.

I entered the Hex #ff6e00 into my website.  Looking at where that color should be depicted and using digital color meter, I get R255 G152 B40, a noticable difference from what is shown in Illustrator.

Does this info help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 07, 2020 Jul 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You probably can't avoid sitting down and fixing this by actually instating CM or in reverse, completely turning it off. Start by checking your monitor settings. If there is any factory profile assigend, simply unassign it and see if it makes a difference. If you have created a custom profile, the opposite would be required - you need to also use it for the proof preview in AI to get consistent results.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines