• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Highlighted input values not visible in Character panel in Illustrator when Dark Mode is on in macOS

Contributor ,
Jul 08, 2021 Jul 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just noticed this recently... when Dark Mode on macOS Big Sur is enabled, click in a palette field and then tab to the next field. It's now completely white, so you can't read the text. So any highlighted field in a palette becomes unreadable. This goes away if Dark Mode in macOS is turned off. Illustrator's interface darkness has no affect on this bug.

{Renamed by MOD}

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jul 27, 2021 Jul 27, 2021

The problem appears to be with the Accent and Highlight colour settings that can be changed in System Preferences/General. When these are changed from the default colour (graphite) then any highlighted text within Illustrator is then visible again. See image attached. It's now working fine for me so I hope this solves the problem for anyone else who finds the same issue/glitch. Thanks for your help with this.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 23, 2021 Jul 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry about the trouble and delayed response. Could you please share a few more details like:

• The version of macOS & Illustrator
  • Is this only happening in the Character panel, or do other panels also not showing input values when highlighted?
  • Does resetting Illustrator Preferences (https://helpx.adobe.com/in/illustrator/using/setting-preferences.html) help to resolve the issue?
    Disclaimer: Please note that resetting preferences will remove all the custom settings, and Illustrator will launch with default settings. You can also take a backup of the folders in case you want to. Location is mentioned in the article.

Looking forward to your resposne.

Thanks & Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jul 23, 2021 Jul 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. macOS Big Sur 11.4 and latest version of Illustrator. Deleting prefs makes no difference. It appears to be a visual glitch only when macOS dark mode is turned on. It's not just the Character panel. I only picked that one as a screenshot example. However, at this moment the problem isn't happening so there must be something else that's triggering it. If I figure that out I will post here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 26, 2021 Jul 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have exactly the same problem. Did you manage to figure out what causes this and how to fix it? Would appreciate any feedback you can give. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only thing I know is it happens with macOS dark mode turned on. But the problem has gone away for me now. I don't know why.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the prompt reply. Yes, I have macOS dark mode turned on as well so will try and live with the issue or turn off dark mode. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 27, 2021 Jul 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem appears to be with the Accent and Highlight colour settings that can be changed in System Preferences/General. When these are changed from the default colour (graphite) then any highlighted text within Illustrator is then visible again. See image attached. It's now working fine for me so I hope this solves the problem for anyone else who finds the same issue/glitch. Thanks for your help with this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jul 27, 2021 Jul 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ahh kudos to you! I just tried it and that's exactly it! I had changed my color to orange so that's why it went away.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 02, 2021 Dec 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks so much for posting this - that has been driving me crazy!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines