Highlighted

Hindi Digits in Illustrator 2020

New Here ,
Sep 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the 2019 version had a very obvious drop-down for it in the Character tab. But I can't find it anywhere in the 2020 version. I have numbers I want to switch to the Hindi (used in arabic) numbers.Screen Shot 2020-09-23 at 11.37.01 AM.png

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Zaid Al Hilali | Adobe Community Professional

I'm afraid that you don't have the Middle Eastern version any longer. It appears that when you updated your Illustrator to the latest version the wrong version was downloaded.

You basically need to remove your copy of Illustrator, change the language from Adobe CC desktop application, then download Illustrator again to get full Arabic features.

TOPICS
How to, Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Hindi Digits in Illustrator 2020

New Here ,
Sep 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the 2019 version had a very obvious drop-down for it in the Character tab. But I can't find it anywhere in the 2020 version. I have numbers I want to switch to the Hindi (used in arabic) numbers.Screen Shot 2020-09-23 at 11.37.01 AM.png

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Zaid Al Hilali | Adobe Community Professional

I'm afraid that you don't have the Middle Eastern version any longer. It appears that when you updated your Illustrator to the latest version the wrong version was downloaded.

You basically need to remove your copy of Illustrator, change the language from Adobe CC desktop application, then download Illustrator again to get full Arabic features.

TOPICS
How to, Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 23, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 24, 2020 0
New Here ,
Sep 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you! it worked

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 24, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're welcome.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 24, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. In addition to Zaid's correct response, I'd request checking out this help article to know how to install MENA version.

Additionally, please see this help article to know how to type in Arabic.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 24, 2020 0