• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Hindi Digits in Illustrator 2020

New Here ,
Sep 23, 2020 Sep 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the 2019 version had a very obvious drop-down for it in the Character tab. But I can't find it anywhere in the 2020 version. I have numbers I want to switch to the Hindi (used in arabic) numbers.Screen Shot 2020-09-23 at 11.37.01 AM.png

TOPICS
Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 24, 2020 Sep 24, 2020

I'm afraid that you don't have the Middle Eastern version any longer. It appears that when you updated your Illustrator to the latest version the wrong version was downloaded.

You basically need to remove your copy of Illustrator, change the language from Adobe CC desktop application, then download Illustrator again to get full Arabic features.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Sep 24, 2020 Sep 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm afraid that you don't have the Middle Eastern version any longer. It appears that when you updated your Illustrator to the latest version the wrong version was downloaded.

You basically need to remove your copy of Illustrator, change the language from Adobe CC desktop application, then download Illustrator again to get full Arabic features.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you! it worked

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. In addition to Zaid's correct response, I'd request checking out this help article to know how to install MENA version.

Additionally, please see this help article to know how to type in Arabic.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 03, 2020 Dec 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI Asutosh and Zaid Al Hilali,

{Currently am using Acrobat X pro}. I am interested in Working on mutiple .pdf files that are all in (Indian) Sanskrit/Hindi or Gujarati languages. You mentioned that 'to do a word search in these .pdf files, I cannot use Acrobat, but can be helped with Illustrator. Can an Enterprise license make me eligible for that download or i have to buy it separately?

pls. advice.

thnx.

-rajsan1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 05, 2020 Dec 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rajsan,

You can search for words in Acrobat and the free Adobe Reader if the text in the PDF is live text, not an image or outline. There is no point in involving Illustrator to perform a word search.

Note. The above topic/post I answered is not related to the Hindi language, it is rather about these numbers ٠٩٨٧٦٥٤٣٢١ used in many Arab countries, these numbers are called Hindi digits/numbers since they were introduced by the Mogul invaders centuries ago. While these digits 1234567890 are called Arabic numbers as they were geometrically designed by an Arab scholar before the Hindi digits were introduced in the Arab world.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 08, 2020 Dec 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Zaid, 

Thanks for your prompt reply. I have tried searching for "live" Hindi-Sanskrit words under .pdf using Acrobat X pro. but to no avail. Is it possible that it looks for a Hindi, etc. library first locally? I have these South Asian languages installed on my PC system. 

anyway, i shall keep looking... one day...

Hope is an amazing virtue!

best

Rajsan1 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 08, 2020 Dec 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to check your document's fonts. In Acrobat X Pro, go to the menu File > Properties, in the newly opened window, click on the "Fonts" tab to see the list of fonts. Do you see any fonts there, what are they?

Moreover, you may download the latest free Adobe Reader to open your document and test the search in the free version before you attempt to purchase Acrobat's latest license.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 09, 2020 Dec 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Zaid,
Sorry for the delay in response.

No, I do not see any fonts in the 'properties' window under the file menu,
of the said .pdf that I opened with Adobe Acrobat X Pro.

Now what's my next step to download fonts exclusively for Adobe?

Am using Windows 10 pro, 64bit, and have all South East Asian languages
installed under Office 365.

pls. advice.
thnx
raj S

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To my knowledge, if you don't see any fonts under the fonts tab then you don't have live text in your document, hence your document is unsearchable.

Most likely, the text in the document is either an image or a vector outline (converted to drawing).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

good to know.
Thnx
best to you. be well.
Raj s

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 17, 2021 Jan 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello

I have the opposite problem - in the new version of illustrator updated - all my numerals are coming up in Arabic and I cant change them as I cannot see the "digits" option in the character panel - what can I do to see the digits option please to change it English numerlas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines