• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Home button is poorly placed

Community Beginner ,
Nov 21, 2018 Nov 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems to me to be a poor practice to put the useless, at least to me, home button where the File menu used to be.  Years and years and years of muscle memory want to click there, and all it does is take me to a place where I have no need to be. This does not enhance my workflow or productivity. Granted, it is probably a total of a minute out of my entire career - but the frustration level is not good, and I am quite happy to say things about how Adobe doesn't make things better.

Please either remove the button or give us the option to remove or just move it.

(and while you're at it, nuke the share button in Acrobat, ok?)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 22, 2018 Nov 22, 2018

I hadn't noticed it until  I saw your post. It does seem like an odd things to add, but I'm guessing someone at some point has requested it and got support for the idea.

If you'd like to have it removed send a feedback note to Adobe through this link. https://illustrator.uservoice.com/

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Nov 22, 2018 Nov 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't even noticed the Home button, so getting rid of it (or not) wouldn't affect me. The Share button in Acrobat, however, I use constantly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the Illustrator forum. Are you talking about Illustrator or Acrobat?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hadn't noticed it until  I saw your post. It does seem like an odd things to add, but I'm guessing someone at some point has requested it and got support for the idea.

If you'd like to have it removed send a feedback note to Adobe through this link. https://illustrator.uservoice.com/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 28, 2020 Aug 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They've done similar things in After Effects (and other apps too, I assume). It's very irritating. There's some marketroid who's decided they wanted to boost the adobe website "engagement" by making users constantly click on the homescreen button by accident. After Effects added a preference to remove this icon/homescreen after users complained. If you want them to do it for Illustrator too, you'll need to let them know too via the feedback form

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 28, 2020 Aug 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've been using AI since it first came out but really didn't have any trouble with the Home button placement. I usually use keyboard commands whenever possible but when I do use the mouse, I normally look what at the menu intend to select. My mouse simply follows my gaze. Does this not happen for you?

David Creamer: Community Expert (ACI and ACE 1995-2023)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines