wan5C70_0-1623396900051.png

Anoyne has the same issue? 

TOPICS
Bug , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Jun 11, 2021 Jun 11, 2021

Hi all,

We are extremely sorry to hear about this trouble. Our team is currently investigating this and need a few more details to find the root cause of this issue:

• Please confirm the exact version of Illustrator (25.2.3 or 24.3). You can find version under Help menu (Helpx > About Illustrator). 
  • Share logs by Log Collector tool ( https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.html ).
  • System info
    Please press Windows Key + the letter "R" on your keyboard to bring up the to open th

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Jun 11, 2021 Jun 11, 2021

Please try updating the application to v24. 3 and let us know if that helps resolving this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
LEGEND ,
Jun 11, 2021 Jun 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about your experience. Would you mind sharing the version of the Adobe Illustrator? Have you tried restarting your computer?

I'd request you to update your app to the latest version(v25) & see if it helps. Additionally, you may try resetting preferences of the app & let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

TQ SO MUCH..it working...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for letting us know @wan5C70. Did updating the app help, or resetting the preferences? This information will help other users having similar issues. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 10, 2021 Jun 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have no idea what is going on with our Illustrator 2020 home screen. As you can see in my attached image everything is grayes out and icons are not there. Also notice the camera icon has blown up in size not even fitting in the home screen. And the menu has tucked into the left side of the home screen.

Any thought's what this may be or if there was an option that caused this to happen?

I've restarted my Mac and same results. My current illustrator version is 24.0.1

Thank you!

(see image below)

Screen Shot 2021-06-10 at 11.01.08 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about your experience. Would you mind sharing the version of the macOS? Have you tried restarting your computer? I'd request you to update your app to the latest version(v2021) & see if it helps.

Additionally, you may try resetting preferences of the app & let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. My macOS version is 10.15.6 (19G2021)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

We are extremely sorry to hear about this trouble. Our team is currently investigating this and need a few more details to find the root cause of this issue:

• Please confirm the exact version of Illustrator (25.2.3 or 24.3). You can find version under Help menu (Helpx > About Illustrator). 
  • Share logs by Log Collector tool ( https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.html ).
  • System info
    Please press Windows Key + the letter "R" on your keyboard to bring up the to open the Run command window
    Type "msinfo32" in the Open field and left-click OK
    While viewing the Microsoft System Information summary, go to File then choose Save
    Save this file to Creative Cloud folder of your system.
    Go to https://assets.adobe.com/files and share the download link.

After sharing all these details, please update application to 25.3 or 24.3 and let us know if that resolves the issue.  

We're here to help, just need more info.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello my version Illustrator is 24.0.1

Here is my log: File: AdobeLogs_20210611_090805_727-mac.zip

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am currently having this issue. Still waiting for a soulution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please try updating the application to v24. 3 and let us know if that helps resolving this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes thanks, the update to v24.3 solved my issue.

Although this solved my problem I would have rather not mess around with updating illustrator becuase doing so outdates the software and plugins that are connected to it.

For example, I have a vinyl cutter connected which I launch through Illustrator. Also I have a screen ripping software to output films for screen printing.

Whenever there are certain updates for either MacOS or Illustrator, I get the issue that Illustrator does not recognize the software that I use every day.

If there coud have been a better solution rather than updating constantly illustrator I would prefer that.

And I am still curious to know, based on the information I provided. What could have cause that issue in the first place so it wont happen again in the future?

Please advise. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cuando entro a Illustrator la pantalla de inicio se ve como si estuviera desactualizada, pondré una imagen para que sepan a que me refiero...Espero que me puedan ayudar. Gracias

illustrator.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

This has been reported by a few other users as well. They have confirmed that updating the application has helped resolving the issue. Please update the application to the latest version and let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 14, 2021 Jun 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hola Fatima. Actualice su Illustrator. Esto solucionará su problema. Tuve el mismo problema. Pero ahora está arreglado.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 14, 2021 Jun 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I attached an image of the illustrator homescreen I have at the moment. I can not seem to get it back to default. I have restarted illustrator and rebooted the PC as well but this screen still returns for the home page. Everything else otherwise works fine you can open and save files its just this screen looks a bit different than usual.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 15, 2021 Jun 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please try to reset Illustrator preferences :https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/using/setting-preferences.html#:~:text=To%20restore%20preference....

You WILL lose your list of recent files, but it should reset your home page back to normal.

Adobe Community Expert / Adobe Certified Instructor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 23, 2021 Jun 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is still happening to me on Version (24.0). I cannot update, as I find this version of the program the most stable. NpOZcvA.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 24, 2021 Jun 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, Version (24.3) is what did the job for me. Upgrade to that.

Unfortunately, Illustrator is a pain in the a$$ where they FORCE you to upgrade.

But what can you do, this is the way of running a business. 

DNSGraphics_0-1624539814866.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nobody forces you to upgrade.

Just turn automatic upgrades off in the Creative Cloud app. And also turn off deleting the old apps when updating. Keep them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh yeah, then these glitches have no other solution other than upgrade, upgrade, upgrade?

Not even Adobe was able to figure out what the problem to this was.

All they do is ask you for system infromation and their final resolution was UPGRADE.

Upgrading did solve my issue but I was never infromed after asking them what could have cause this.

Crickets from Adobe. Sucks by their part.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I contacted Adobe Help for my issue. We took the time to connect to my computer and everything. What he ended up doing was simply updating my software. I closed out of the remote session and moved on with my day.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Updating to the newest software is not a solution to some. We need this figured out Adobe. PLEASE.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Totally agree.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They seem to have no clue. Nice try Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines