• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Horizontal Distribute Center tool Issues

Community Beginner ,
Aug 24, 2020 Aug 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm attaching a file to beter illustrate the issue, when there are three shapes with uneven distence between each other, the horiz distribute center tool should balance the empty space among the figures, but instead, it pushes all the figures to the right, and align it to the center. 

Does anyone knows any updates concerning this regard? I've detected this issue several months ago, and read on other forums same concerns from other users, I was hoping this to be fixed on the next Adobe software update, but it did not. Please advise, thanks.

TOPICS
Performance , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Aug 24, 2020 Aug 24, 2020

Hi ddembicki,

Thanks for your feedback, with your guidance and a note I found I realized I was missing selecting "Align to Selection" on the align button, without this, how would I expect the function to perform the way I had in mind? Thanks again!

Screen Shot 2020-08-24 at 8.14.38 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tend to use distribute spacing to do what you are trying to do. If I'm understanding you correctly.

Select all three objects, click on distribute spacing, and they will all be equally spaced within the horizontal area between the rightmost and leftmost objects. Additionally, you can specify a distance, once you click on your key object, if you need each item to be a specific amount apart. 

I have never used distribute objects to do what you are describing. I'm sure I'm missing out on some essential alignment functionality. 

Hope that helps. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi ddembicki,

Thanks for your feedback, with your guidance and a note I found I realized I was missing selecting "Align to Selection" on the align button, without this, how would I expect the function to perform the way I had in mind? Thanks again!

Screen Shot 2020-08-24 at 8.14.38 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines