How can I change text in one text box, and have it simultaneously change in other text boxes?

Community Beginner ,
Apr 24, 2018 Apr 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are creating a document that will contain the potential customer's name in multiple places. How can we link these text boxes, so changing the name in one text box will simultaneously change the name in the other text boxes?

I have tried distort and transform which allows me to change the text in one box and have it repeat, but the boxes are locked in proportion to the original box and we need to have them appear in random places.

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct Answer

Advocate , Apr 24, 2018 Apr 24, 2018
Convert the text box into a symbol before replicate in other places, then just edit the symbol and all the instances will change.

Translate

Translate
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Convert the text box into a symbol before replicate in other places, then just edit the symbol and all the instances will change.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Awesome!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 20, 2021 May 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

how do I make the text box a symbol

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines