• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can I edit the context menu keyboard shortcuts?

New Here ,
Jun 18, 2020 Jun 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using a mac. There seems to be no option in the edit > keyboard shortcuts for changing the shortcuts that appear in the right-click menu. Specifically, I want to add a shortcut for arrange > send to current layer.

TOPICS
Feature request

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 18, 2020 Jun 18, 2020

Which version of Illustrator are you using?

I can assign (or change) a shortcut for the corresponding command (Edit > Keyboard Shortcuts > Menu commands > Object > Arrange > Send to current Layer) in the latest version of Illustrator, but it should work in older versions as well.

That shortcut (for example Cmd-3) should then also appear in the context menu (right click).

What specific shortcut are you trying to assign?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version of Illustrator are you using?

I can assign (or change) a shortcut for the corresponding command (Edit > Keyboard Shortcuts > Menu commands > Object > Arrange > Send to current Layer) in the latest version of Illustrator, but it should work in older versions as well.

That shortcut (for example Cmd-3) should then also appear in the context menu (right click).

What specific shortcut are you trying to assign?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Done! thanks, for some reason the search dialogue didn't show that command

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The search function inside the Keyboard Shortcuts dialog unfortunately only works if you are in the right section. The default section is the Tools section. If you change that to "Menu commands" you should be able to search for and find the command you are looking for.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines