• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can I edit the elements in a .tiff file?

New Here ,
Mar 21, 2021 Mar 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have to edit some bar graphs that are in a series of .tiff files. I want to change the text elements that label the graphs' axis.

However, when I open the .tiff files, none of the elements are editable. The files with the graphs open as single illustrations with a red border. It looks to me as if all the elements in the graphs (e.g., axis, bars, labels) are "grouped" into one uneditable image.

How can I edit individual elements in the illustration?

Thank you for your attention!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 21, 2021 Mar 21, 2021

Tif is a bitmapped format, so you would need to open in photoshop and retouch, for small changes. For major changes, you would recreate the graphs in Illustrator from scratch using the .tif image as a reference.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Mar 21, 2021 Mar 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Tif is a bitmapped format, so you would need to open in photoshop and retouch, for small changes. For major changes, you would recreate the graphs in Illustrator from scratch using the .tif image as a reference.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines