Highlighted

How can I export pdf/ai from Adobe Illustrator that is not editable?

Explorer ,
Jul 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to send my file for printing and I don't want to give the original file. 
I tried exporting as high quality print without editing capabilities, as well as illustrator default and custom without editing capabilities, but there seems to be a problem with the design. 

Can anyone help please?

Thanks in advance!

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Kurt Gold | Adobe Community Professional

There are a couple of "security" mechanisms that you may use to "protect" your drawings from being stolen by snoopy rapscallions (see the Security section in the Save as .pdf dialog or, in case you have it, in Adobe Acrobat).

That kind of pseudo protection may work sometimes.

Similar requests have been posted here many times. I'm always wondering why so often there apparently is some cause of distrust when delivering files to print providers that do you a favour with their craft.

TOPICS
Draw and design, Feature request, How to, Import and export, Performance, Print and publish, Sync and storage, Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Explorer ,
Jul 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to send my file for printing and I don't want to give the original file. 
I tried exporting as high quality print without editing capabilities, as well as illustrator default and custom without editing capabilities, but there seems to be a problem with the design. 

Can anyone help please?

Thanks in advance!

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Kurt Gold | Adobe Community Professional

There are a couple of "security" mechanisms that you may use to "protect" your drawings from being stolen by snoopy rapscallions (see the Security section in the Save as .pdf dialog or, in case you have it, in Adobe Acrobat).

Similar requests have been posted here many times. I'm always wondering why so often there apparently is some cause of distrust when delivering files to print providers that do you a favour with their craft.

TOPICS
Draw and design, Feature request, How to, Import and export, Performance, Print and publish, Sync and storage, Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 25, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Jul 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wanderella,

As Lutz said in your other thread, there is no completely safe way.

Maybe the closest you can get is to export in a raster format that supports CMYK (instead of RGB) at an adeaquate resolution for print (ask the printer), use the (most) relevant optimization (Type or Art).

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 26, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 26, 2020 0
Resources