• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can I import my favorite fonts list from Adobe Illustrator 2018 to Illustrator 2020?

New Here ,
Jun 26, 2020 Jun 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was using Adobe Illustrator 2018 till now, I have a large list of Favorite Fonts inside that. Recently I have installed Adobe Illustrator 2020 on that same machine without uninstalling the previous version. Now I would like to import the Favorite Fonts list to the latest version of illustrator. 

Hope there will be some way to do this just like the way we import workspace from one version to another version by copying the workspace file from "C:\Users\%UserName%\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Illustrator 22 Settings\en_US\x64\Workspaces", there must be a list file where my favorite font list is saved. Where is that location?

Please don't suggest by syncing through Adobe Cloud, because I don't have internet connection on that PC.

TOPICS
Draw and design , Import and export , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

LEGEND , Jun 26, 2020 Jun 26, 2020

No idea, but it may simply not be possible without relying on the sync functions. The underlying stuff is built on this, after all. If at all there may be some obscure XML or other config files in one of the sync folders or the TypeKit config folder that may be possible to edit and copy&paste the relevant sections, but I'm honestly just speculating here.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , Mar 12, 2023 Mar 12, 2023

I know this is old but I have fixed this issue on windows by changing from illustrator 2020 to 2023.

1- Type in the search box or in Run window (windoes+R): %appdata%

2- Go to Adobe file and there will be two illustrator files mine was (Old one: Adobe Illustrator 24 Settings) and (New one: Adobe Illustrator 27 Settings).

3- Make a backup copy of the new setting file just in case.

4- Delete the new settings file and name the old one as the new one (so for me I deleted the "27" File and renamed the "2

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , Dec 14, 2023 Dec 14, 2023

Here is the answer for the latest versions of Adobe Illustrator | Import favorite font list to newer versions

1- Make a copy of the file "Adobe Illustrator Prefs" from the older version of illustrator path C:\Users\%UserName%\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Illustrator 27 Settings\en_GB\x64

2- Paste/ Replace the file in the same location as the latest version of illustrator path.
C:\Users\%UserName%\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Illustrator 28 Settings\en_GB\x64

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
LEGEND ,
Jun 26, 2020 Jun 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No idea, but it may simply not be possible without relying on the sync functions. The underlying stuff is built on this, after all. If at all there may be some obscure XML or other config files in one of the sync folders or the TypeKit config folder that may be possible to edit and copy&paste the relevant sections, but I'm honestly just speculating here.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 07, 2020 Sep 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. In addition to good information shared above, I'd request checking out this help article as well to know more about fonts & troubleshooting.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 12, 2023 Mar 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know this is old but I have fixed this issue on windows by changing from illustrator 2020 to 2023.

1- Type in the search box or in Run window (windoes+R): %appdata%

2- Go to Adobe file and there will be two illustrator files mine was (Old one: Adobe Illustrator 24 Settings) and (New one: Adobe Illustrator 27 Settings).

3- Make a backup copy of the new setting file just in case.

4- Delete the new settings file and name the old one as the new one (so for me I deleted the "27" File and renamed the "24" file to "27")

So far so good I didn't notice any issues but just in case anything happens make sure to have a backup.

*Tip for the future you can always export and import settings before updating or changing your PC, and you won't have the same issue again ^_^

Kind Regards

Ahmad

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 22, 2023 Mar 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. it's worked

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 14, 2023 Dec 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Here is the answer for the latest versions of Adobe Illustrator | Import favorite font list to newer versions

1- Make a copy of the file "Adobe Illustrator Prefs" from the older version of illustrator path C:\Users\%UserName%\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Illustrator 27 Settings\en_GB\x64

2- Paste/ Replace the file in the same location as the latest version of illustrator path.
C:\Users\%UserName%\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Illustrator 28 Settings\en_GB\x64

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines