• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

how can i make png files not rasterized

Community Beginner ,
Sep 10, 2020 Sep 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ive recently switched from inkscape to adobe illustrator but i wanted to clip a text to a image it worked but it was bad quality, why does inkscape make the png files colors mixed and you cant see pixels so the clipping looks much better quality is their a way to fix this? Here are the image diffrence of inkscape and illustrator, Thanks!inkscapeinkscapeillustratorillustrator

TOPICS
Draw and design , Feature request

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Sep 14, 2020 Sep 14, 2020

I'm echoing Monica again.

Inkscape seems to blur the hard edges of the pixels in the video you shared. They're still there, though.

It's best to start a design with higher quality images, but if you need to enlarge a low quality image you can do so in Photoshop, where it will resample the image (pretty much the same as blurring the pixels). It will still pixelate at high zoom, but all images do this.

The goal is to have an image that appears "unpixelated" at the size the artwork is intended to be v

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi may be there is difference in zoon level for both pictures zoom out and check...regards

Ali Sajjad / Graphic Design Trainer / Freelancer / Adobe Certified Professional

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, inkscape will blend the colors this is a example of when I zoom in to the max, Thanks, Michele Awada.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PNG files are pixel based images. So what you want is impossible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Whiz,

I suspect the "PNG" shown above in Inkscape is actually rendering from the original SVG (Inkscape's native file type). As Monika mentioned, any PNG you export from this will be rasterized by nature.

In order to retain the lossless vector gradient, you might try exporting the original from Inkscape as a PDF or SVG (EPS might work but you will lose transparency). With the right file export settings this should avoid rasterizing the gradient effects and allow you to make edits with Illustrator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 14, 2020 Sep 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I dont think it worked heres a video of what i mean because maybe I didnt write it right and theirs a misunderstanding anyway 

Inkscape look like its pixelated but when you zoom in its like gradients as you said, Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Inkscape renders raster images differently. It blurs them while doing so.

Illustrator doesn't.

Inkscape doesn't improve the PNG quality, it just hides it from you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, but is their a way i can change illustrators rendering?

Because when im clipping images in inkscape it looks much better quality but with illustrator you can see the pixels which makes it unprofessional, Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd rather see and get better images to work with.

You can also try and apply a blur effect.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm echoing Monica again.

Inkscape seems to blur the hard edges of the pixels in the video you shared. They're still there, though.

It's best to start a design with higher quality images, but if you need to enlarge a low quality image you can do so in Photoshop, where it will resample the image (pretty much the same as blurring the pixels). It will still pixelate at high zoom, but all images do this.

The goal is to have an image that appears "unpixelated" at the size the artwork is intended to be viewed. This is about 300ppi for print, and 72-200ppi for screen.

When you're creating a path to clip an image, it's important to "feather" the edges of the mask. Feathering blurs the edges of the clipped image so they don't appear jagged.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Michele,

Maybe too silly, but how about just recreating it as AI vector artwork?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines