• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can I save a document preset in Illustrator? Just like in Photoshop

Explorer ,
May 13, 2020 May 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can I save a document preset in Illustrator? Just like in Photoshop? I'm using Windows so please give me the Windows way. 

In Photoshop there is a "Save Preset" command when making a new document. But in Illustrator there is only the "Saved" tab at the top but no "Save Preset"-thing

Can you help with this?

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 13, 2020 May 13, 2020

There is no way to save one 'just like Photoshop', but you can save them.

Create a new document that matches your specifications

Edit it to include the swatches, graphic styles, text styles, brushes etc. you want (if you need to).

Save it to C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Illustrator 24 Settings\en_GB\x64\New Document Profiles

(where 'en_GB' will change depending on your language versions).

It will thereafter be available in the tab of whatever preset you used as a base (i.e.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
May 13, 2020 May 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no way to save one 'just like Photoshop', but you can save them.

Create a new document that matches your specifications

Edit it to include the swatches, graphic styles, text styles, brushes etc. you want (if you need to).

Save it to C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Illustrator 24 Settings\en_GB\x64\New Document Profiles

(where 'en_GB' will change depending on your language versions).

It will thereafter be available in the tab of whatever preset you used as a base (i.e. Web, Art & Illustration, Print etc.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 30, 2022 Aug 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is the kind of basic stuff Adobe never fixes. Basic, useful everyday stuff. Other examples:
- still ships products to overseas markets with US paper sizes as presets, even though products are now delivered digitally so presumably infinitely configurable.
- InDesign still treats line returns or spaces outside a text box as overset text when you export to PDF. Still can't tell the difference between nothingness and some text.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines