• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can I undo layers feature in illustrator?

New Here ,
Dec 15, 2020 Dec 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can I undo feature by mistake I checked on it and I can not remember how and what it was?

put what is bothering me now is anything I add to the art board, automateclly illustrator is making it in a separate layer.
I didn't put all of these is one layer!!!

Illustraor did it automateclly 

Screen Shot 2020-12-15 at 8.29.03 PM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 15, 2020 Dec 15, 2020

You are wrong.

These are not layers or sublayers. These Items are paths and compound paths and text frames and nested groups in your "Layer 1"

Click on the arrow left beside the layers name "Layer 1"

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are wrong.

These are not layers or sublayers. These Items are paths and compound paths and text frames and nested groups in your "Layer 1"

Click on the arrow left beside the layers name "Layer 1"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you want to put things in a new layer, you need to add a new layer and click on it otherwise AI will continue to add new objects (paths) to the same layer. It has always been that way, this is not something new. Photoshop automatically adds new layers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

From your screenshot, everything is on Layer 1; however, the layer is expanded (the disclosure arrow is pointing down) and that will show all of the objects on the layer.  

This is how Illustrator works and cannot be changed.

Maybe collapse Layer 1?  That is, click the disclosure arrow to the left of "Layer 1" so that it points to the right.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines