Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can is set inside of a shape transparent

New Here ,
Oct 23, 2020 Oct 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Everyone,

I'm new in illustrator, and I try to cut an object from an image and move it into a transparent background. 

It was successfull, I made it with the Pen tool, without fill color. I selected the shape what I made and the whole image. Then Make Clipping Mask made the magic.

But.

There is a part inside of the shape, what also need to set transparent. When I do the same like before, then the outside of the shape(what I made with pen tool) disappear, but I want to set the inside of it transparet.

Thank you for the help!

Tamas

TOPICS
Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Oct 24, 2020 Oct 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Select the two paths that you made above the image (but not the image) and go to Object menu > Compound Path > Make. Then select the Compound path and the image and make the Clipping Mask.

Peter.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 24, 2020 Oct 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

The pathfinder Tool will be helpful for you also: https://helpx.adobe.com/uk/illustrator/using/combining-objects.html#compound_shapes 

Sim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines