• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can you make a stroke get thicker along a path?

Explorer ,
Mar 08, 2021 Mar 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to create a bridge in photoshop that is going back into a perspective. Since the pen tool in photoshop is really primative, I wanted to try to create the line in illustrator and paste it into my PSD file. The brush tool in Photoshop does not have the amount of control I need for this shape.

I have applied a profile stroke styles in illustrator to create a line with variable width, however it does not seem that I can control the starting thickness and ending thickness to create a more controlled appearance to fit within my scene. Is there a way to control the perameters of this profile to create a starting and ending thickness? Or is there another way to achieve this through the blend tool somehow?

thickness.JPG

TOPICS
Draw and design , Feature request , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 08, 2021 Mar 08, 2021

Use the width tool for that.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use the width tool for that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you!! I have never used that before and had to look it up. Once I got the shape in Photoshop as a smart object, I used the width tool to adjust the middle and the ends. It was really easy to control the thicknesses and it looks much more convincing,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines