• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I add multiple bleeds to an Illustrator document?

New Here ,
May 03, 2021 May 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone!

I'm creating a book cover for a thesis. The printing company wants me to send both the cover and the bookmark in one document. They have an .AI template (see below), which doesn't include bleeds.

This is what they want:

The document has to be arranged with bleed. This involves a 2 mm page border being applied to all sides of the document, in which you extend the image of your cover. This also applies to the 5 mm white margin between the bookmark and the cover. Please use this white margin to fill up with bleed for both cover and bookmark.

Could you please help me with the bleed? How do I add the bleed in the margin area? I'm so confused. P.S. I'm a beginner.

Thanks a lot!

coverq.png

covert.png

TOPICS
Draw and design , Import and export , Print and publish

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
May 04, 2021 May 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It looks like you will naturally fill that area in the template? With the second image you have provided where you have filled with the cyan that does fill the bleed. You can only add your bleed to the outside.

If you were to have different fills/images in the areas:

Different areasDifferent areas

If you have one fill/image:

one solid fillone solid fill

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines