Highlighted

How do I change colour and retain percentages

New Here ,
Oct 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi 

Is there a way to select a group of objects with different colour fill percentages and then apply a new colour but reain the colour fill percentages? 

For axample:

I have 4 triangles making a square, each triangle has a different fill percentage of cyan. 25%, 50%, 75% and 100% - See below.

Screenshot 2020-10-10 at 09.42.04.jpg

Is there a way to then change the colour of each of the squares to magenta (but retaining their percentage breakdowns), without having to do each triangle indevidually/manually? - See below

Screenshot 2020-10-10 at 09.47.17.jpg

Ideally I want to be able to just select all and then just pick a new colour and it applies it while maintaining the percentages.

Anybody know of a way?

Cheers

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Kurt Gold | Adobe Community Professional

If you are indeed using global swatches, it is not necessarily required to merge them.

You can just select the objects that are filled with global swatch A (and different tints of A) and apply another global swatch B. The different tints should be retained that way.

In case you are not using global swatches, you would have to take some other ways.

TOPICS
Draw and design

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

How do I change colour and retain percentages

New Here ,
Oct 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi 

Is there a way to select a group of objects with different colour fill percentages and then apply a new colour but reain the colour fill percentages? 

For axample:

I have 4 triangles making a square, each triangle has a different fill percentage of cyan. 25%, 50%, 75% and 100% - See below.

Screenshot 2020-10-10 at 09.42.04.jpg

Is there a way to then change the colour of each of the squares to magenta (but retaining their percentage breakdowns), without having to do each triangle indevidually/manually? - See below

Screenshot 2020-10-10 at 09.47.17.jpg

Ideally I want to be able to just select all and then just pick a new colour and it applies it while maintaining the percentages.

Anybody know of a way?

Cheers

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Kurt Gold | Adobe Community Professional

If you are indeed using global swatches, it is not necessarily required to merge them.

You can just select the objects that are filled with global swatch A (and different tints of A) and apply another global swatch B. The different tints should be retained that way.

In case you are not using global swatches, you would have to take some other ways.

TOPICS
Draw and design

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 10, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The base color is a global swatch, right? Then you can use the Merge color function from the swatches panel.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 10, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you expand on your sugestion further please?

I'm not too sure how it relates to my initial post

Cheers

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 10, 2020 0
Oct 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Create a new global swatch and then merge the new one and the old one.

https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/using/using-creating-swatches.html#manage_swatches

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 10, 2020 0
Oct 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could use Recolor Artwork. First, select the boxes. Then either in the control panel, click the color wheel or in the Properties panel in the Quick Actions section, click Recolor. In the Recolor Artwork dialog, you'll see the Current Color. Double-click on the box corresponding to New to open the Color Picker. Then you can select a new color that will update the color with the percentages intact.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 10, 2020 0
Oct 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 10, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is what I was looking for.

Thanks for taking the time to explain it well.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 11, 2020 0