• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I change the default settings for artboards?

Community Beginner ,
May 30, 2021 May 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure which version of Illustrator or settings I have been using for the last 7 years, but now when I load up Illustrator, the artboard is transparent, the background area AROUND the artboard is the transparent grid, and there are green guides all over the place. 

I have been hunting and searching for the settings to fix this, but regardless of what I try, it either makes the background area grey (like it's always been) along WITH the artboard background color, or everything is the transparent grid. 

Can someone please explain to me how I can load up Illustrator and get a WHITE canvas on a DARK GREY background with NO guidelines EVERY time? I can't believe this is so difficult.

Mac OS Big Sur 11.2.3
Adobe Illustrator 25.2.3

TOPICS
Bug , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 30, 2021 May 30, 2021

The template you are describing is caused by the choice of Web/Video for the New Document Profile. Use Art/Illustration or Print.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The template you are describing is caused by the choice of Web/Video for the New Document Profile. Use Art/Illustration or Print.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

OMG THANK YOU. 
This is exactly what I needed. Though I'm a little enraged that despite anything I did, I couldn't get any of the settings how I liked them. VERY frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

 Also, I have my user interface set with grey background and a white canvas, yet nothing here seems to change anything in the document. 

Screen Shot 2021-05-30 at 11.29.25 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines