• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I change the page order of artboards in Illustrator CS6?

Advocate ,
Sep 13, 2012 Sep 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I change the page order / print order of artboards in Illustrator CS6? I know it was a much griped-about neglect in previous versions once artboards were introduced, but surely it has been fixed by now. It's just I can't figure out how to do it. It is not intuitive by any means.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Valorous Hero , Sep 13, 2012 Sep 13, 2012

Open the Artboards panel (from the Window menu) and drag the artboards there to change order. When the Artboard tool is the current tool, selecting an artboard in the Artboards panel will highlight the corresponding artboard in the workspace.  The first column in the Artboards panel shows a number representing the page / print order. The second column is the name given by Illustrator which you can change using the Control panel while the Artboard tool is selected.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , Feb 08, 2023 Feb 08, 2023

To change the print order, go to window in the menu and choose "artboards" and change the order there.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Valorous Hero ,
Sep 13, 2012 Sep 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Open the Artboards panel (from the Window menu) and drag the artboards there to change order. When the Artboard tool is the current tool, selecting an artboard in the Artboards panel will highlight the corresponding artboard in the workspace.  The first column in the Artboards panel shows a number representing the page / print order. The second column is the name given by Illustrator which you can change using the Control panel while the Artboard tool is selected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 09, 2018 Dec 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can I change the page/print order though? Is that possible?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 09, 2018 Dec 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

schrieb

Can I change the page/print order though? Is that possible?

Have you already taken a look at the artboard panel?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 03, 2020 Mar 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With the Artboard Tool selected, go to the top where you'll see an icon of a gray circle on the top right of a white square with arrows around it called "Move/Copy Artwork with Artboard" turn that off and you'll be able to rearrange your artboards without moving your artwork.

rearrange-artboards.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 08, 2023 Feb 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To change the print order, go to window in the menu and choose "artboards" and change the order there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 01, 2024 Mar 01, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

THIS is the right answer. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 09, 2021 Jun 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines