• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I Delete a saved Brush Library on the User Defined Library on Illustrator?

New Here ,
Sep 19, 2017 Sep 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've accidentally saved the same brushes file twice to my User Defined Library - the easiest thing ever - but I can't figure out how to delete one of them!!

My illustrator version is 21.1.0 / I'm using a Mac / thanks in advance for your help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Sep 19, 2017 Sep 19, 2017

You will need to go to your Library folder, if you go to the Brush Libraries Menu and choose Save Library you will see the path to your libraries you have saved, in my screen grab mine is called mylibrary.ai.

You can then get to your library folder from the Finder --> Go to Folder... this is all I typed in then I just expanded to the folder I needed.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You will need to go to your Library folder, if you go to the Brush Libraries Menu and choose Save Library you will see the path to your libraries you have saved, in my screen grab mine is called mylibrary.ai.

You can then get to your library folder from the Finder --> Go to Folder... this is all I typed in then I just expanded to the folder I needed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU SO MUCH! I've literally been here an hour trying to find this but I couldn't find how to get to the library!

Thank you very very mucho!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 17, 2022 Oct 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Wow! It was almost impossible to find the brushes folder. Thank you for the "Go to the folder:" information. Without that I would not have found it. I don't know why Adobe and Mac have to make it so hard to find. You can't even use the search/find feature to get to it. THANK YOU AGAIN FOR THIS POST!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 20, 2020 Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much!  All these know it all men had no idea or clear directions but you did.  THANK YOU!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines