• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I delete the background in my logo?

New Here ,
Feb 06, 2021 Feb 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I designed a logo for myself and only used one layer.  I'm done working with it, so now I'm just trying to save it with a transparent background.  I'll include a screenshot of the way it looks right now, but basically, parts of it aren't transparent, but the rest is.  I only want the lines.  I've been googling how, and a lot of answers mention going to the Windows tab, going down to Image Trace, and doing specific things with the settings, but the window that opens doesn't let me change any of it.  Thank you in advance!

TOPICS
Draw and design

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 06, 2021 Feb 06, 2021

Try doing a Select All and delete the fill.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please embed the image in your post. Thank you

original.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 08, 2021 Feb 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry, I just saw this, I'll keep that in mind from now on!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try doing a Select All and delete the fill.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 08, 2021 Feb 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is your logo bitmap or vector? If it is vector, then follow Larry's advice. If it is bit map, you can use Image Trace dialog, expand the Advanced section and put a check mark on Delete White.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 07, 2021 Feb 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Theoretically, I would just recreate the line art using the Pencil tool.

Are you planning on filling it in later? Or will it be just the black lines?  That is another big question.

Because as of right now, if you shrink your logo it will look strange to the eye.  There are various rules to follow when creating logos.

This is a big rule...

Make sure your logo's scalable. It should be aesthetically pleasing in both small and large sizes, in a variety of mediums. A good rule of thumb is the "business card/billboard rule": Your logo should look good on both.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines