Copied

Screen Shot 2564-06-06 at 16.38.05.png

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Dec 06, 2022 Dec 06, 2022

Hi @Eric27175746omn0,

We are sorry for the trouble and delayed response.

Would you mind trying the steps suggested in this helpx article (https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/fix-licensing-error-205.html) and see if that helps?

Kindly update the discussion if you still need assistance with it. We'd be happy to help.

Thanks,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jun 06, 2021 Jun 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What did customer support say?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

when you click link that nothing

404 page not found 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 31, 2022 May 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Forgive me for not speaking French my Error code 205 occoured with the recent update to Illustrator 2022 there was a double issue in that there was a file extension in the RunwithList in the registry that didn't the installer have permissions to modify - this was solved via the Support instructions however when the update finally installed if you ran it, it immediatly failed with the 205 Error Code & forced you to shut down - after reading a few other related Forums I uninstalled the Illustrator App & logged/signed out of the Creative Cloud desktop app (with the usual warnings) then re signed in waited a minute or so while it reactivated all the fonts etc then reinstalled Illustrator & Low & behold the error has gone away - the other forums indicated there could be a security issue - so it was my 1st step to try, fortunatly it worked - hope this helps others

Regards

Stephen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 23, 2021 Dec 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated my Illustrator recently and when I opened it, it keeps on prompting that there was an error 205. I did everything including changing or connections, firewalls and everything but non seems to work. My other apps work except Illustrator. Please help in need to do my work. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 24, 2021 Dec 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. Have you checked this error list? https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/download-update-errors.html#Firewallconfiguration

Marlon Ceballos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 24, 2021 Dec 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Marlinton, I tried searching for the dlm log. However my latest logs are back in 2019. What should I do? And how does the download network works? I am quite confuse on it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 08, 2022 Mar 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Illustrator keeps showing me the Error and the message says to contact customer support and use the reference code 205 to solve the issue. Can someone help me with this? I can't open the Illustrator and Acrobat. Others are working fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 08, 2022 Mar 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 09, 2022 Mar 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mylenium,

Thank you for this. 🙂 I've done all the steps but did not worked. PS and Indesign works fine. I just don't understand why just the Illustrator and Acrobat are not working. Is there any way I can do to resolve this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 09, 2022 Mar 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could do as the message suggests: contact customer support. (We are NOT customer support).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 18, 2022 Apr 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe me dit "Adobe à rencontrer un problème et doit se fermer - Vous ne pouvez pas utiliser Illustrator pour le moment. Contactez le service clientèle et précisez le code de référence 205 pour savoir comment résoudre le problème", je suis étudiant et mon compte m'est délivré par l'organisme ou je suis la formation.

Merci d'avance

GUIBERT Ludovic

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 19, 2022 Apr 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When did this happen?

When you installed?

Or just launching?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 18, 2022 Apr 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bonjour

Je suis sur une version étudiante et illustrator plante au démarrage en me disant

"Vous ne pouvez pas utiliser ILLUSTRATOR pour le moment. Contactez le service clientèle et précisez le code de référence 205 pour savoir comment résoudre le problème"

J'ai essayer de contacter le service clientèle mais étant sous version entreprise car étudiant on me dit que je n'y est pas accès.

Merci d'avance

GUIBERT Ludovic

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @ludovic24097162uzpn,

We are really sorry for the trouble. Error 205 generally occurs when the app is unable to store your profile and licensing information in the secure storage (keychain in macOS and Credential manager in Windows) on your computer.

I would suggest you try the following steps and let us know if it helps:

If you are using a macOS computer:

Lock and unlock the keychain.
Else, log out of your computer and log back in.

If you are using a Windows computer:

Restart Credential Manager.
Else, restart your computer.

If you continue to face Error 205, then I would recommend reviewing any installed security/AntiVirus software that may be interfering with certificates being stored within Keychain Access/ Credential Manager.

Also, signing out and signing in from the Creative Cloud helps resolve the issue in some instances.

Kindly update the discussion if you still need assistance with it. We'd be happy to help.

Thanks & Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 20, 2022 Apr 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Problème résolu

Merci

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 20, 2022 Apr 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad to hear that @ludovic24097162uzpn. Could you please confirm which step helped resolve the issue for you?

Please feel free to reach out if you run into any other questions or issues in the future. We'd be happy to help.

Thanks!

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 28, 2022 May 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was working on my cloud file in Illustrator, and it crashed the computer, everything including mouse & keyboard went unresponsive.

Upon restarting the computer i got error code 205 in illustrator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So you rebooted the computer and then got this error code? Or you restarted Illustrator and then got it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i rebooted the computer with the reset-button; then got the code

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

reinstalling seemed to have fixed it, with no noticeable losses

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 10, 2022 Jun 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

Sorry about the inconvenience caused by this issue. We are working on it and by the time it is fixed completely, please Sign out and sign in back to the Creative Cloud Desktop app. If that doesn't work then follow the instructions given in this help article. For more details, please refer to this community link.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines