• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do i get my puppet to smile and surprised mouth?

New Here ,
Sep 21, 2020 Sep 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been going off a blank puppet in Ai to create my own character and it's going pretty good so far concidering I've never used Ai or Ch until about a month ago. However, for some reason I no longer have suprised or smiling layers, or the sad versions, and I'm not sure what happened to them. I've been using the original mouths but for some reason those layers just dissapeared. I was going to just add new layers and redraw them, but it won't let me even add new layers to the mouth groups. What could I be doing wrong? is there a way to get those layers from another blank puppet and kind of copy and paste them back on the puppet ive been working on?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 22, 2020 Sep 22, 2020

When copying and pasting them, make sure you keep the layers.

In the panel menu of the layers panel select to remember layer when pasting.

Then they should be pasted into the same group which is important for Character Animator

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Sep 22, 2020 Sep 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When copying and pasting them, make sure you keep the layers.

In the panel menu of the layers panel select to remember layer when pasting.

Then they should be pasted into the same group which is important for Character Animator

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 23, 2020 Sep 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok, I tried it but it still won't let me copy from one puppet in Ai to another puppet also in Ai.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 23, 2020 Sep 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And "won't let me" means exactly what?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 26, 2020 Sep 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I follow your advice, and then copy from one of my puppets that I have open in Ai that I need the layers from for another puppet, and I move to that next puppet and try to paste, nothing happens. Even after I did what you said and clicked keep layers, nothing happens. The program won't let me add new layers to my mouth group either, so I'm trying to figure out why it wont let me make a new layer in that group and hopefully if I can get that figured out, then I can figure out how to copy from one puppet and paste onto another.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 27, 2020 Sep 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

WIthout seeing the exact files and their structure this cannot be solved.

You need to understand how layers work.

And how groups work.

TAnd how to detect the difference between those two.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines