• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I get one object to mimic shape of another?

New Here ,
Mar 24, 2020 Mar 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All I am trying to do is get one shape to have the same exact shape of another, without having to free distort for hours to get perfect.  Is there anyway to do this?  Tried to select one, and paste in place, but didn't work.

Just looking to get the Long Island symbol to have the same swerve as the Purell symbol.  Trying to make a dumb shirt for my fantasy football league.  Thought it would be simple, but it's giving me a headache.  Thanks in advance everyone.

TOPICS
Draw and design , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

Community Expert , Mar 24, 2020 Mar 24, 2020

I'm not entirely sure what you hope to get, but here are a couple of results using Envelope Distort, the first being Make with Top Object, the second a quick and dirty Make with Mesh plus a few minutes' work moving mesh points around. If you're not used to working with meshes it would probably take longer.

Peter

Edit: Envelope Distort is found in the Object menu.

LI-Purell-2.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Mar 25, 2020 Mar 25, 2020

you can also try the "envelope distort/ make with top object" (edit: I see Trom, did mention that)

Screen Shot 2020-03-25 at 08.57.23.jpgScreen Shot 2020-03-25 at 08.57.36.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate
Enthusiast , Mar 25, 2020 Mar 25, 2020

Others include "Art Brush", "3D Tool", "Puppet Warp", "liquify tool" etc.

Art Brush

Brush.png

3D tool

3D.gif

Puppet Warp

puppet warp.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Mar 24, 2020 Mar 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not entirely sure what you hope to get, but here are a couple of results using Envelope Distort, the first being Make with Top Object, the second a quick and dirty Make with Mesh plus a few minutes' work moving mesh points around. If you're not used to working with meshes it would probably take longer.

Peter

Edit: Envelope Distort is found in the Object menu.

LI-Purell-2.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 25, 2020 Mar 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you can also try the "envelope distort/ make with top object" (edit: I see Trom, did mention that)

Screen Shot 2020-03-25 at 08.57.23.jpgScreen Shot 2020-03-25 at 08.57.36.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Others include "Art Brush", "3D Tool", "Puppet Warp", "liquify tool" etc.

Art Brush

Brush.png

3D tool

3D.gif

Puppet Warp

puppet warp.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

everyone,

I would suggest your rotating the Purell by (about) 180 degrees for a better match, fat ends being at the southwest, whichever way the Purell is being used, whether directly as with the Envelope Distort suggested by Peter and Grant, or derived as with brushes/tools as suggested by ã‚­ã‚£ã‚£â”€â””|*`Å´|┘─ィィィ, or merely for comparison (you can have the Purell shown beneath/beside the tormented island (whose inhabitants may believe there is an earthquake)).

You may also consider the ancient Twirl Tool (not quite Twerk but maybe close) a bit out of the box/usual use by extending it to cover the entire island, setting sufficiently high values of Width and Height.

See under Liquify Tools here,

https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/using/scaling-shearing-distorting-objects.html#distort_objects

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines