• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

how do I get out of 3D mode in illustrator

New Here ,
Jan 22, 2014 Jan 22, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

every object I draw is skewed in 3D mode. how do I change that??

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jan 22, 2014 Jan 22, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

do you mean the perspective grid? turn it off under view > perspective grid.

and on the offchance, check under the constrain angle in the general preferences and see if it's set to something other than zero.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
May 18, 2016 May 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ctrl + shift + i to toggle on and off

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 11, 2020 Sep 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You saved me!     

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 30, 2023 Oct 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 18, 2016 May 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Rick,

The shortcut for toggling in and out of 3D mode is command+shift+i (ctrl+shift+i if on a PC).

Hope this helped!

- Tyler Lentz

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 05, 2016 Jul 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Tyler. Please see my answer ti Rickforge below. Hopefully this clarifies the situation and thanks for the tip about perspective. Ken

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 05, 2016 Jul 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rickforge. I had the same problem and it certainly wasn't answered by reading any number of posts on Google (including those that followed your initial enquiry) but I finally stumbled on the answer through a lengthy process of personal trial and error. The good news is it simply involves a 'toggle' action. And just to clarify, it has nothing to do with turning "perspective' off or on - perspective is another function entirely, a distinction seemingly lost on a good many. You turn 'Perspective' off or on by Ctrl-Shift l not  '3D mode'. Instead, if you have drawn something in 3D unless you hit 'D' (to change from 'Default Stroke and Fill' you are fated to remain (forever) in 3D mode until you start another file. If, rather that hitting D you prefer to click on an icon you can find it nested in the lower-left corner of your tool bar as part of the 'Fill' and 'Stroke' icons area. looking like a miniature version of them  I know this answer was late in coming but may save some poor soul a long and frustrating search for a solution. Best regards, Ken 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 06, 2016 Jul 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ken, the reason people are replying with answers that relate to the perspective grid is that there is nothing in illustrator called '3D mode'. there are 3D effects that you might remove by invoking the default fill and stroke, but there is nothing permanent about them. they can be removed at any time from the appearance palette.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree Doug (?) but, having being trying to find the same answer myself and using a variety of search fields including 'mode', 'effect', 'style' etc. I guess Rickforge was simply looking for an answer to his (her?) problem, rather than a correction on terminology. Apologies if my response upset the purists who are clearly aware of the distinction between the terms.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

kenm33329161 schrieb:

I guess Rickforge was simply looking for an answer to his (her?) problem, rather than a correction on terminology. Apologies if my response upset the purists who are clearly aware of the distinction between the terms.

The correct answer is in #1

It refers to the menu where you can find everything you need including the shortcut.

Unfortunately many people don't bother to mark the correct answer.

Correcting terminology has nothing to do with purism. It helps people find the correct term so they can look up their problem in the documentation (orsearch more efficiently on Google next time they have run into an issue with a function)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines