Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I get text to form to the path?

New Here ,
Jul 20, 2020 Jul 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I put a bold font on a circle path but the bottom of the font isn't touching on all anchor point... The edges remain straight instead of curving to the path. How do I fix that issue?

TOPICS
Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you use the Pathtext-Tool?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is the type following the path at all? Could you have offset the baseline? From your description, it is a little hard to understand what is going on. If you are successfully typing on the path, it should be doing so for all letters you are typing. If they are following the curve but not in contact with the circle, it could be because of a baseline shift. I am unclear, because you mention all anchor points - did you convert the text to outlines? Can you take a screenshot and post if this answer hasn't been helpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Path text will not deform the letters.

If you want to deform the letters, try envolpes or try and create an art brush from the text (you won't be able to edit it)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines