• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

how do I keep the x/y coordinate tool bar open all the time?

New Here ,
Aug 30, 2020 Aug 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I always have the x/y coordinate tool bar open? It is there for all my objects but not for text. I use this all the time to move text px by px.

karend36109022_0-1598798620980.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Aug 30, 2020 Aug 30, 2020

The control bar is context sensitive. So what is displayed on it depends on what is selected and on how much space there is on your screen.

But if you are sure that there are certain elements in it that you will never need then on the far right there is a menu for the control panel that you can use to turn off certain elements. Then there will be more space for the others.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Aug 30, 2020 Aug 30, 2020

What you see in the Control panel depends on the space you have available on your monitor and the choices you made for what to display there.

I would keep the Transform panel open if you need this functionality or remove the Character and Paragraph info from the Control panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The control bar is context sensitive. So what is displayed on it depends on what is selected and on how much space there is on your screen.

But if you are sure that there are certain elements in it that you will never need then on the far right there is a menu for the control panel that you can use to turn off certain elements. Then there will be more space for the others.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What you see in the Control panel depends on the space you have available on your monitor and the choices you made for what to display there.

I would keep the Transform panel open if you need this functionality or remove the Character and Paragraph info from the Control panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines