• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I make a shape out of complex shapes?

New Here ,
May 02, 2021 May 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm at a loss.

I'd like to create a shape within these shreds to fill with the background photo (man). How do I create a shape within these shreds?

TOPICS
Draw and design , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
May 02, 2021 May 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any possibility that you could explain this more fully? I don't understand at all what you are trying to do.

Thanks,
Peter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 04, 2021 May 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I'm trying to make a shape out of the inside (like a frame) so the photo can sit inside of the blue shapes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 03, 2021 May 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Stephanie,

As I (mis)understand it, you may wish to do this:

1) Select the blue shreds and Object>Compound Path>Make, or just Ctrl/Cmd+8 (holding Ctrl or Cmd and pressing 8);

2) ShiftClick the photo to also select that and Object>CClipping Mask>Make, or just Ctrl/Cmd+7 ( holding Ctrl or Cmd and pressing 7).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 04, 2021 May 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did what you suggested but the rips are showing the photo and I wanted the the opposite. I want the blue shapes to stay and the photo stay in the middle of those shapes. Thats why i wanted to know how to make a shape of the inside. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 05, 2021 May 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Stephanie,

If you simply wish to turn the blue shreds/rips into an irregular frame round the photo, maybe with additional shreds to cover parts of the photo inside, you can just add those shreds on top of the photo and leave it at that.

I doubt whether that is the case, but that brings us back to the question that Peter asked at the very beginning.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines