Highlighted

How do I make Illustrator default to asking me to give new layers a name?

Community Beginner ,
May 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm creating art for Character Animator which is heavy on layers with specific names.  I'd like to save the mousework and clicking necessary for creating and naming each new layer.  I'd prefer* it if I could click on the new layer control and have Illustrator default to asking me for the new layer's name.  Then I'd type the new name, hit enter, and click on the new layer tool without moving and clicking the mouse.

*Since this is what I "prefer" I looked in prefer-ences. Just couldn't find it. 🙂

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Ton Frederiks | Adobe Community Professional

Alt - click the New Layer icon to get the Layer Options.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

How do I make Illustrator default to asking me to give new layers a name?

Community Beginner ,
May 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm creating art for Character Animator which is heavy on layers with specific names.  I'd like to save the mousework and clicking necessary for creating and naming each new layer.  I'd prefer* it if I could click on the new layer control and have Illustrator default to asking me for the new layer's name.  Then I'd type the new name, hit enter, and click on the new layer tool without moving and clicking the mouse.

*Since this is what I "prefer" I looked in prefer-ences. Just couldn't find it. 🙂

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Ton Frederiks | Adobe Community Professional

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
May 18, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 18, 2020 1
Resources