• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I make letter holes transparent

New Here ,
Sep 26, 2020 Sep 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The font I was using (cheers font) wouldn't let me correctly fill to match the original orange black on the bottom, orange on top. The letters would not fill correctly. My solution, I fill the letters black, then put an orange background, save as an image. Place image back in illustrator, trace image and then expand boom. One problem the letter holes are not transparent. I try to delete the hole but only black behind. I try to delete the black but only orange; I delete, and the letter goes. How do I delete the letter holes to make my letter holes transparent?

If you see the image, see the oo and e I want the holes inside transparent, please.

Yes, I am a noob. Sorry. Thanks in advance.Screenshot 2020-09-26 212204.png

TOPICS
Draw and design

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,
Sep 27, 2020 Sep 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The issues could likely easily have been fixed by just converting the original text to outlines and fixing any gaps in the underlying paths and reorganising the groups and compound paths. You can't evade this and aside from being a terrible workflow, hacking this by tracing an exported pixel image doesn't really resolve this. You're running in circles and have the same issues. so for all intents and purposes, I would suggest you read the online help on things like path editing, compound paths and other stuff or find a reasonably quality tutorial on these subjects.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please describe exactly what you want to achieve and exactly what does not work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The Pathfinder Minus Front button would be a good bet.

Here is a link that may well help you:

https://helpx.adobe.com/uk/illustrator/using/cutting-dividing-objects.html 

Sim 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines