Highlighted

How do I reduce the trim size of a multiple pdf file in adobe illustrator?

New Here ,
Sep 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I reduce the trim size of a multiple pdf file in adobe illustrator? I am not a graphic artist or super familiar with adobe illustrator. I am making a book and the trim size is suppose to be 8.5 x 8.5 but  someone made it is 8.82 x 8.82 (for some ungodly reason). They are not available for me to have them do it. I was hoping I could fix it. I need step instructions.  Much obliged, oh smart holy people of adobe illustrator... -.-

TOPICS
How to, Import and export, Print and publish

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

How do I reduce the trim size of a multiple pdf file in adobe illustrator?

New Here ,
Sep 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I reduce the trim size of a multiple pdf file in adobe illustrator? I am not a graphic artist or super familiar with adobe illustrator. I am making a book and the trim size is suppose to be 8.5 x 8.5 but  someone made it is 8.82 x 8.82 (for some ungodly reason). They are not available for me to have them do it. I was hoping I could fix it. I need step instructions.  Much obliged, oh smart holy people of adobe illustrator... -.-

TOPICS
How to, Import and export, Print and publish

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 28, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi in adobe illustraor after opening file you can use artboard tool to resize the page size....regards

Ali Sajjad

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 28, 2020 0
Sep 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is not advisable to import a PDF in Illustrator.

If the source file has been made in Illustrator, get the source file and then open it.

For this kind of operations, use Acrobat.

https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/using/printer-marks-hairlines-acrobat-pro.html

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 29, 2020 0
Sep 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you do have the original source file as Monika has suggested then this should help you understand what you need to do: https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/how-to/artboards-basics.html

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 29, 2020 0
Sep 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does your book have bleed? If so, the overall size of the PDF will necessarily be larger than 8.5 x 8.5. In Acrobat, go to Tools> Print Production> Output Preview, do you see the little check box Show art, trim & Bleed boxes? this will show you the invisible bounding boxes. You can check the trim size by clicking the button Set Page Boxes and Apply to: (Trimbox) the size of the trim box will be indicated under the page preview.

If you do need to re-size your PDF, this can be done in Acrobat using a Preflight profile, or by placing the PDF into an InDesign file of the desired size (using the place multipage PDF script) and exporting to a new PDF.

Trim box size.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 29, 2020 0