• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I select and remove background of object please?

New Here ,
May 26, 2021 May 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Inside the holes of my font I originally filled in the shape white. I actually need it to have no background.

How do i get this shape cut out of the orange behind to have no background please?

If it was photoshop i would just magic wand select the white layer shape to delete the white and then click the orange layer to delete the same shape out of the orange so that there is no background. how do i do that in Ai please?

mollier22953695_1-1622035552589.png

mollier22953695_3-1622035797894.png

TOPICS
Draw and design , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It depends on how your illustration is constructed.

If it is simple shapes, you might select the white shape and the brown shape, and alt-click on the white using the Shape Builder tool.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for responding. When i do that it gets rid of the white shape and keeps the outline but doesn't get rid of that shape in the brown?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without seeing how your shapes are constructed, it will be difficult to help further.

Can you show a screenshot with the brown shape selected and the appearance and layers panels visible?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

mollier22953695_0-1622039689160.png

Thank you, appreciate your help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your screenshot is very small, and I can't see the appearance panel. However, it looks like there are a few brown objects there. You need to select all of them that you wish to punch through as well as the white object.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Doug you are a genius it worked!!! Many Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines