• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I transform text (or vector shape) into a shield shape?

Community Beginner ,
Jun 15, 2020 Jun 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For better or worse, I have inherited this logo and I want to convert it from pixel-based to vector-based. I know the font to use and all I need is to distort the letters (or converted shapes) so they remain flat on top, but distort downward to a point in the middle. None of the canned font/object distortion presets seem to have this option. Perspective will also modify the top edge so that it is no longer perpendicular. I've been using Illustrator since the late 80s - you'd think I could figure this out, but I can't! Any guidance appreciated! 

search-logo-in-dubaiSM.jpg

TOPICS
Draw and design , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 15, 2020 Jun 15, 2020

The best way to do this is to draw lines and convert them to guidelines and then convert the text to outlines and just hand move the anchor points to where you need them to be. Any of the distort effects will indeed not give you the effect that you want. To fine tune, use the arrow keys. Since it is only 6 letters, it wont be that hard and you might be able to use the perspective grid to help set it up.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you try to use Distort from effects?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The best way to do this is to draw lines and convert them to guidelines and then convert the text to outlines and just hand move the anchor points to where you need them to be. Any of the distort effects will indeed not give you the effect that you want. To fine tune, use the arrow keys. Since it is only 6 letters, it wont be that hard and you might be able to use the perspective grid to help set it up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines